FAQ (Chartered Professional)
1. What is the Recognition of Tamilnadu Council’s Chartered Courses?
The Chartered Courses offered by Tamilnadu Council is recognised by International Council for Open & Distance Education, Oslo, Norway. (Refer www.icde.org) All Chartered Courses are internationally recognised & valid for abroad Job as well as MEA attestation
2. What is a Chartered Course?
A Chartered Course is a course which is offered for individuals who have gained a specific level of skill or competence in a particular field of work, which has been recognised for the award of a formal certificate by a relevant professional organization.
3. How can I enroll for Chartered Courses?
You will have to fill the relevant application form along with all supporting documents duly attested and submit it with the applicable fees.
4. What are the courses that are available under Chartered Courses?
Chartered Courses are available in various streams and the details are available under our official website. www.tamilnaducouncil.ac.in
5. What is the duration of these Chartered Courses?
The duration differs according to the courses and it is anywhere between 1 and 4 Years
6. What is the eligibility of these Chartered Courses?
The eligibility of these courses depends upon the choice of the course which is displayed in our official website.
7. Whether the Chartered Courses are approved by statutory bodies like UGC/ AICTE/ IGNOU?
Chartered Courses are specialized programmes of Tamilnadu Council for Open and Distance Learning and does not come under the purview of Section (22) of UGC Act, AICTE and IGNOU. So Tamilnadu Council for Open and Distance Learning has got the powers to conduct Chartered Courses for the benefit of students as an Autonomous Council.
8. Whether the Chartered Courses are valid for Employment Exchange Registration?
Yes, you may go and register at the nearest Employment Exchange with the help of ID Proof and Address Proof.
9. Whether the Chartered Courses are eligible for Ministry of External Affairs attestation?
Yes. Eligible for Ministry of External Affairs attestation
10. Whether can I apply and join job in foreign countries with the eligibility of Chartered Courses?
Yes, eligible, as Tamilnadu Council for Open and Distance Learning has obtained International Status through its approval from ICDE (International Council for Open and Distance Education, Oslo, Norway)
11. Whether the Chartered Courses will be conducted in Semester or Non-Semester pattern?
The courses will be conducted in Non-Semester pattern?
12. Whether other state students can pursue Chartered Courses?
Yes. Other state Students also can pursue Chartered Courses in Tamilnadu Council for Open Distance Learning
13. When will the Exam for Chartered Courses be conducted?
Examination for Chartered Courses will be conducted in two sessions. 1) Academic Session 2) Calendar Session.
14. When will the results and mark sheets be issued?
The results will be published in 30-45 days from the day of completion of Examination. Again, in the next 30-45 days, the mark sheets and certificates will be issued.
15. Whether verification of Chartered Certificates is possible?
Yes, Postal verification is possible on payment of Rs.500/- as Demand Draft in favour of Tamilnadu Council for Open and Distance Learning, payable at Chennai.