Elementary Education (D.EL.Ed)
Diploma in Elementary Education (D.EL.Ed):
Elementary Education – Student teaching provides a teacher with an opportunity to understand all dimensions of teaching and to apply what they have learned through coursework and field experiences leading up to the student teaching experience. All participants in the student teaching program–teacher candidate, cooperating teacher, school administrator, and University supervisor–play important roles in establishing the environment in which the teacher candidate can demonstrate his or her ability to assume the responsibilities of a full-time Elementary Teacher.
A career as a teacher in the elementary education setting can lead to a wide spectrum of opportunities. A variety of careers open to teachers as they gain more experience and advanced credentials or degrees. In addition to classroom teaching, there are positions as teacher coaches, program coordinators, developers or providers of professional development for teachers, and curriculum development. In the corporate world, teachers are often engaged as developers of curriculum and materials for educational purposes and as designers or providers of educational professional development.
DURATION: 2 YEARS
FEE: Registration Fee: INR 1,000 and Course Fee: INR 5,000 per Annum
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Who are eligible for undergoing the Diploma in Elementary Education (D.El.Ed.) course under Tamilnadu Council?
- All the in-service elementary teachers (Primary/ Upper Primary Teachers teaching classes I-V/ I-VIII)
2. What is the minimum educational qualification for undergoing the D.El.Ed.?
- Pass in Class XII (10+2)
3. Is it mandatory for the Upper Primary Teachers to undergo D.El.Ed Course?
- For Upper Primary Teachers, one should possess either Ed. or D.El.Ed. If none of the courses is passed, then he/ she should undergo D.El.Ed. course
4. I am a Hindi Primary Teacher and possess Visharad/ Ratna etc. degree. Am I eligible for D.El.Ed. course?
- One should have passed in Class XII
5. How can an untrained elementary teacher of Schools enrol for the D.El.Ed. course under Tamilnadu Council?
- Untrained in-service teachers may register themselves for D.EEd.
Programme on or before 30/09/2017 positively which is to be followed by payment of course fee and authentication of details by the Principals/ Head Masters/ Head Mistresses concerned.
- The process of registration and the documents/ information required for the registration can be seen at tamilnaducouncil.ac.in
6. Is it necessary to undergo D.El.Ed. course under Tamilnadu Council even after I have completed B.Ed.?
- Primary Teachers (teaching up to Class V) have to undergo compulsorily the D.El.Ed. course even though one has passed Ed.
- Upper Primary Teachers who have undergone Ed. need not apply for the D.El.Ed. course.
7. What is the duration of this D.El.Ed. course under Tamilnadu Council?
- 2 Years
8. What is the Mode of Learning under Tamilnadu Council?
- Through Open & Distance Learning mode.
9. What will be the roll of Head Masters/ Principals of Schools in enrolling untrained elementary teachers to Tamilnadu Council for the D.El.Ed. course?
- The Head Masters/ Principals of the Schools shall authenticate by the records of untrained elementary teachers by giving bonafide certificate at the time of registration by the teachers for the course.
10. What will be the course fee?
- Rs.6000 / Year.
11. What are the documents/ information required in the process of registration for D.El.Ed. Programme?
- 10th Mark Sheet
- 12th Mark Sheet
- Transfer Certificate
- ID Proof (Aadhaar Copy)
- Address Proof (Aadhaar Copy)
- Work Experience / Bonafide Certificate issued by School
- Fees in the form of Demand Draft.
SUBJECTS OF D.EL.Ed (First Year & Second Year)
- First Year Subjects
- Second Year Subjects