March 30, 2016
Elementary Education – Student teaching provides a teacher with an opportunity to understand all dimensions of teaching and to apply what they have learned through coursework and field experiences leading up to the student teaching experience. All participants in the student teaching program–teacher candidate, cooperating teacher, school administrator, and University supervisor–play important roles in establishing the environment in which the teacher candidate can demonstrate his or her ability to assume the responsibilities of a full-time Elementary Teacher.
A career as a teacher in the elementary education setting can lead to a wide spectrum of opportunities. A variety of careers open to teachers as they gain more experience and advanced credentials or degrees. In addition to classroom teaching, there are positions as teacher coaches, program coordinators, developers or providers of professional development for teachers, and curriculum development. In the corporate world, teachers are often engaged as developers of curriculum and materials for educational purposes and as designers or providers of educational professional development.
DURATION: 2 YEARS
FEE: Registration Fee: INR 1,000 and Course Fee: INR 5,000 per Annum
1. Who are eligible for undergoing the Diploma in Elementary Education (D.El.Ed.) course under Tamilnadu Council?
2. What is the minimum educational qualification for undergoing the D.El.Ed.?
3. Is it mandatory for the Upper Primary Teachers to undergo D.El.Ed Course?
4. I am a Hindi Primary Teacher and possess Visharad/ Ratna etc. degree. Am I eligible for D.El.Ed. course?
5. How can an untrained elementary teacher of Schools enrol for the D.El.Ed. course under Tamilnadu Council?
Programme on or before 30/09/2017 positively which is to be followed by payment of course fee and authentication of details by the Principals/ Head Masters/ Head Mistresses concerned.
6. Is it necessary to undergo D.El.Ed. course under Tamilnadu Council even after I have completed B.Ed.?
7. What is the duration of this D.El.Ed. course under Tamilnadu Council?
8. What is the Mode of Learning under Tamilnadu Council?
9. What will be the roll of Head Masters/ Principals of Schools in enrolling untrained elementary teachers to Tamilnadu Council for the D.El.Ed. course?
10. What will be the course fee?
11. What are the documents/ information required in the process of registration for D.El.Ed. Programme?
SUBJECTS OF D.EL.Ed (First Year & Second Year)
Course Start Date
March 30, 2016
Elementary Education (D.El.Ed)
Pass in 12th Std or its Equivalent