Tamilnadu Council for Open and Distance Learning (TCODL) is an Autonomous Council Registered under the Government of Tamilnadu. Tamilnadu Council is Accredited with International Council for Open and Distance Education (ICDE), Oslo, Norway and is Accredited with ISO 9001:2015 Certification and a Member Institution of Indian Association of Teacher Educators (IATE). Also, Tamilnadu Council is a member of Assocham, India & Quality Council of India (QCI, Delhi)
Tamilnadu Council conducts the courses in Non-Formal mode through Open and Distance Learning. Tamilnadu Council conducts Bridge Courses, Certificate Courses, Diploma Courses, Post Graduate Diploma Courses, Technical Courses, Management Courses and various courses related to Teacher Education.
Tamilnadu Council conducts these courses on the basis of
1. National Education Policy 1986 & 2016 (New)
2. Right to Education Act (RTE Act 2017-Amended)
3. Notification from Home Affairs, Govt. of India,
4. Tamilnadu Education Act, 1994 and follows
5. National Curriculum Framework 2005
6. NVEQ Framework.
7. New Revised National Educational (NEP) Policy-2020
Tamilnadu Council adheres to a System of Quality Education which will be beneficial to the Students as well as to the Society. Tamilnadu Council conducts examination and based on the passing marks scored, certifies the students.
The main aim of Tamilnadu Council is to eradicate illiteracy in Tamilnadu and other states of India. In this aspect, the Tamilnadu council supports the National Literacy Mission Programme (NLM) of Government of India which is also called Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan (SSA)
The programmes designed in Tamilnadu Council for Open and Distance Learning follow the National Curriculum Framework, 2005 and National Vocational Education Qualification Framework (NVEQF) in the case of Vocational Courses.
Tamilnadu Council will adapt and design courses as per the Indian Government guidelines and will start innovative courses which will be of immense help to the learning as well as working communities all over India
Tamilnadu Council will strive
- To universalize education
- To Provide Quality Education to all
- Eradicate illiteracy throughout India
- Succeed in the Mission of Education as given in the Message to us by the Late Bharat Ratna Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam“